The Master’s Degree in the United Nations and the Art of Peace focuses on the study of 70 years of UN action in the fields of peace-making, peacekeeping and peacebuilding. It aims to allow students to become more knowledgeable on the matter as well as profit directly from the hindsight of the United Nations and academic experts in order to better assess and apprehend peace initiatives and understand the processes of preserving, defending and promoting peace in all their complexity.
Built on the experiences and expertise developed by UNITAR (United Nations Institute for Training and Research), WFUNA (World Federation of United Nations Associations) and the Graduate Institute of Peace Studies at Kyung Hee University, this degree explores the different facets of the actions undertaken in the international field to promote, preserve and defend peace. The United Nations being at the center of this process for the last 70 years, the degree intend to use the UN both as a study subject as well as a source of expertise.
The program is therefore mainly designed for students of social sciences in the Republic of Korea that wish to pursue their post-graduate studies focusing on the promotion of peace possibly in view of securing an internship or a job in a relevant international or non-governmental organization.
Main topics covered by the Master’s Degree in the United Nations and the Art of Peace include:
Students will benefit from an experienced faculty of scholars and practitioners, peer-to peer collaboration, and a curriculum that reflects current theory and practice. The programme is composed of offline component (on-campus at the Kyung Hee University Gwangneung Campus) and mandatory online component (4 modules run by UNITAR online platform).
Online application deadline for 2018 Spring semester is 15th January 2018. ** Once you have registered your application you have to click on the "Online Application Status" link in order to modify your application.**
Postal mail evidential documents deadline for 2018 Spring semester deadline : 15th January 2018 **All postal mail evidential documents must arrive physically until the deadline.**
- Postal Address : The Graduate Institute of Peace Studies, Kyung Hee University 195, Gwangneungsumogwon-ro,
- Postal Address : Jinjeop-eup, Namyangju-si, Gyeonggi-do 12001, Korea
- Phone Number : +82-31-570-7012~6
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org / Fax Number : 82-31-528-7630
* Any questions regarding admission please E-mail it to "email@example.com" *
Amount of fee : KRW 30,000-
Deadline: 15th January 2018
Bank Name: HANABANK
Bank Address: KYUNGHEE UNIVERSITY BRANCH 26, KYUNGHEE DAERO, DONGDAEMUN-GU,SEOUL,KOREA
SWIFT CODE: KOEXKRSE
Account number: 278-910019-66405
Beneficiary: KYUNGHEE UNIVERSITY
Contact Number: +82-31-570-7019
** Applicants must make deposit with applicant's name and e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org after making it.**
** The deposit amount of the application fee must be identical or exceed the requested amount. If it is insufficient, your application will not be valid, therefore you should calculate the transfer fee as well.**
** Deposited application fees are not refundable. **
Please refer to "Program Brochure" in program website.
Online Application Documents
2) Personal Statement
3) Study Plan
Postal Mail Evidential Documents
1) Official certificate of degree or a certified copy of degree
- For graduate-to-be students an official document stating he/she will graduate must be submitted
- For applicants applying with masters degree, must submit both bachelors and masters degree
2) Official transcript
- If grades are not GPA based student must submit instruction explaining grade system
- For applicants applying with masters degree, must submit both bachelors and masters transcript
3) Two letters of recommendation (Letters from faculty members are preferred)
4) Official English Test Scores
- Only TOEFL (iBT, PBT), TOEIC or IELT (Academic Module) score issued within 2 years are accepted.
- Countries which use English as an official language are exempt
- Students with an undergraduate diploma from countries which uses English as its official language are also exempt
5) Curriculum vitae : Must include e-mail & phone number
6) Official certificate of physical examination and identification photo (3cm x 4cm)
*When submitting documents it must be in either English or Korean if it isn't you must submit an English translation of the documents.
*When submitting copies of original documents it must be notarized or attested by your school or an official organization with authority. By law, all application documents that fail to pass the admission must be discarded after process thus do not submit documents that cannot be reissued.
*Due to strict international admission guidelines we cannot accept essential evidential documents (such as official certificate of degree, official transcript, recommendation letter, official English test score etc) by E-mail or online. All non-online evidential documents must be sent by postal mail. Evidential documents should be sent in a single package.